Saturday, July 2, 2011

Success Story

A personal story of success, is my own. Because my day job as a film producer is very stressful, and I rarely had time to work out, or take proper care of myself, I slipped into a cycle of unhealthy activity. But I had an awakening, having trained in Chayon-Ryu for many years, I realized I had the tools to combat the situation and defeat the enemies within. So I began to work out, eat healthy, and take time out to do the proper things that would change my lifestyle from one of poor health and great stress, to one of better living through martial arts.
I was very unhealthy pictured above at a cast party for
a movie I produced.
I structured a regular routine for my meals and consistent work outs daily. The exercises in a regular Chayon-Ryu class are so varied you wind up benefitting from aerobic activity, strength training, core training, deep breathing and endurance training, as well as range of motion, balance and coordination.
I recommend it as a health routine for anyone who needs to reduce stress as well as their waistline. 

I wound up losing 80lbs and was promoted to first degree black belt in December of 2010. I feel very lucky to have found Chayon-ryu, I believe it literally saved me from the disease of obesity and a long illness with diabetes and hypertension. My health is fine now, and I have made it a personal mission to be a good will ambassador and bring Chayon-Ryu to those who can really benefit from it. You don't have to be a MMA super star, or fighting champion. You don't have to be a star athelete. You don't have to be young and fit to benefit, though you will feel years younger and you will attain health, fitness and longevity through Chayon-Ryu.

Visit the Chayon-Ryu school directory in the resources tab to find a program near you! Chayon-Ryu is taught on many highschool and college campuses, private schools, at the world headquarters dojang in Houston, Texas, and Grandmaster Kim Soo's program in Busan Korea.

by Melissa L. Nichols, Kyosanim (Black Belt, 1st Dan)

No comments:

Post a Comment