Wednesday, March 6, 2013

LETTERS TO GRANDMASTER- Jerry Bick

 Grandmaster Kim Soo shares his correspondence from students whose lives have been touched by Chayon-Ryu
 
 
 
To: Grand Master Kim Soo-
I have learned so much from you Grand Master Kim Soo as my Marshal Arts teacher. 
 
Grandmaster Kim Soo
From your over 60 years of knowledge of Martial Arts you have made a positive impact on my life and have taught me things and skills that I will carry with me the rest of my life.
 
So, when I was so honored to be asked to speak at a meeting about Alcohol and Drug Addiction in hopes of sharing some strength and hope that you never have to live like that again I accepted!
The speech was to last for an hour and I just wanted to tell you how I closed my speech. 
 
I said, “ I want to share this with ya’ll not to make you think I'm special, cause I'm not, but I am involved in Martial Arts” ( Chayon-Ryu ). “I was taught by Grand Master Kim Soo that the best defense against any kind of attack is to simply to Avoid and then react with something Positive.” 
 
For example, if your around negative people then avoid them, not in a rude or mean way, but you can replace them with positive people. Also, don't go anywhere were it might jeopardize your sobriety, simply avoid. Another thing to Avoid is negative and crazy thinking.
 
Martial Arts has taught me to be calm, patience, and to have an open mind to listen, learn, and most of all to Avoid.
 
Thank you, Grand Master Kim Soo. 
 
 
Sincerely,
Jerry Bick
2/19/13

No comments:

Post a Comment