Attaining a black belt in Chayon-Ryu is a great accomplishment. One that requires patience and sacrifice for many years. The black belts Grandmaster Kim Soo promotes hold the sacred duty to be representatives of the system, instructors to the lower belts, and examples not just in the dojang, but in the world as to the proper behavior and attitude of a Chayon-Ryu practitioner.
Inside Chayon-Ryu wishes to congratulate the newest black belt promotions from the June rank examination at the Chayon-Ryu world headquarters in Houston, TX.
|The uniform of a Chayon-Ryu black belt|
They are as follows:
- Thurman Wilhelm - (3rd dan) - World HQ
- Brandon Burkhalter - (2nd dan) - World HQ
- Ben Crotts - (2nd dan) - KSK of NC
- I. J. Heggins - (2nd dan) - KSK of NC
- Chris Pinkston - (2nd dan) - KSK of NC
- Jonathan Hyunh - (1st dan) - KSK of NC
- Sam Krohn - (1st dan) - KSK of NC
- Jarrod Lanning - (1st dan) - KSK of NC
- James Mazur - (1st dan) - KSK of NC
- Dorothy VanDeCarr - (1st dan) - Austin CYR